The acoustic engineering team of VDM Consulting provides noise impact assessment and acoustic design services to the mining, commercial and urban development industry as well as to the Government and the Local Authorities. Industrial, commercial or infrastructure projects are supported through the development approval, construction and post-construction certification to ensure compliance with the requirements for noise amenity protection. Consulting is provided in every aspect of acoustics, from environmental noise propagation modelling, to mechanical noise control and acoustic design specifications for compliance with BCA.
Our approach to every project is to listen to the client's intentions and expectations, to provide advice on the regulatory and technical constraints and to deliver practical and cost effective solutions.
Whilst our core discipline is acoustic engineering, we offer an extended range of services that cover areas such as vibration monitoring and vibration impact assessment, air quality monitoring and impact assessment as well as light impact assessment and design specifications.
Our acoustic engineering team is committed to achieving the highest standards of professional engineering service.
VDM Consulting provides the following Acoustic Engineering Services:
- Environmental acoustics (Mining industry noise monitoring and impact assessment)
- Environmental acoustics (Commercial and industrial noise monitoring and impact assessment)
- Environmental acoustics (Road, railway, aircraft and marine noise monitoring and impact assessment)
- Building services acoustics for compliance with BCA and Green Star rating
- Mechanical noise control and design of noise attenuators and silencers
- Acoustic reports in support of liquor license applications
- Internal noise amenity and acoustic performance investigations
- Occupational acoustics health and safety monitoring
- Impact sound testing
- Vibration Monitoring and Impact Assessment – Mining and Quarrying
- Vibration Monitoring and Impact Assessment – Construction and Infrastructure Projects
- Vibration Monitoring and Impact Assessment – Mechanical Plant and Equipment
- Occupational vibration health and safety monitoring
- Vibration isolation
- Air quality (dust) monitoring and impact assessment – mining and quarrying
- Air quality (dust) monitoring and impact assessment – construction projects
- Air pollution (dust, chemicals and odour) dispersion modelling and impact assessment
- Indoor air quality monitoring and assessment for compliance with Green Star rating
- Occupational air quality health and safety monitoring
Light Impact Control
- Light impact assessment and control at commercial residential interface
- Determination of lighting criteria for commercial developments
- Indoor daylight assessment for compliance with Green Star rating
- Design specification for illumination systems