Location: Gold Coast, QLD
Sanctuary Cove is Australia’s first and premier integrated resort development. Stage 1 comprises:
- 3 harbours
- 7 kilometres of navigable channel dredging within the Coomera River
- Marine Village
- 310 berth floating marina
- 18 hole golf course and recreation complex
- Hyatt Regency international hotel
- Waterfront and golf course villas and other styles of residential development
The initial concept plan was conceived by VDM Consulting who subsequently undertook the major responsibility for civil and structural engineering design and construction supervision.
Under the Sanctuary Cove Act, which was introduced by the Queensland Government to facilitate the body corporate structure envisaged for Sanctuary Cove, VDM Consulting also became responsible for the approvals process that would normally be administered by Government Authorities.
During the peak project lending, VDM Consulting were separately responsible to the primary lending institutions, AIDC and Westpac, for the certification of all progressive project funding.
Provision has been made for future floating homes within the main harbour, this development is gated and enjoys a high level of security.