Redbank Copper Mine EIS
Client: Redbank Copper
Location: Darwin, NT
VDM EcOz was contracted by Redbank Copper to undertake all of the environmental approvals associated with the redevelopment of this historic and seriously contaminated copper mine.
This role included:
- NT and Commonwealth Government liaisons and negotiations
- Notice of Intent and EPBC Referral
- All field surveys and investigations, including soils and erosion, fauna, flora and vegetation, threatened species, AMD and hydrogeology
- Indigenous Community consultations
- Aboriginal Areas Protection Authority applications
- Northern Land Council liaisons
- Cultural Heritage Management Plan
- EIS Report Production
- Supplement Report Production and
- Ongoing environmental management and monitoring of geotechnical investigations
EcOz have worked closely with the proponent to develop the approvals so that legacy issues can be investigated and managed over time whilst new developments that will not repeat the mistakes of the past are developed. This project has involved total project management of environmental and related areas so as to provide the client with an effective and efficient current and ongoing service.